sol, noun. spanish for sun. refers to seats in the sunshine at bullfights.
sombra, noun. spanish for shadow. refers to seats in the shade at bullfights.
hey. my name’s katy. i’m a journalism and spanish major at the university of oregon, and for the 2011-2012 school year i will be studying in sevilla, spain. i’m pretty stoked. and as a journalist, i couldn’t imagine not documenting my time abroad. from september to june, you can find my take on style, eats, the city, and life in a foreign country.
- take the photo. really, just do it.
- move into an apartment with a spanish student (students?) for the second semester.
- cook one meal every week and document it for a weekly recipe post.
- put in the effort – in terms of style, language, friendship, everything.
- make all elective courses the second semester direct enrollment classes.
- smile more. i smile a lot anyway, but there’s nothing wrong with a little more smiling in the world.
- become a regular at a cafe, bar, or market stall. or maybe all three.